Visa services

Partner Visa Lawyer in Melbourne

Married individuals with a permanent Australian visa  can apply for a Partner Visa 820 or a Partner Visa 801 for their spouse. Interdependent or same-sex partners are also eligible for a Partner Visa in Australia.

The Partner is considered as a sponsor of his or her spouse, and the marriage must be of at least two years. After this time period, if the relationship is still continuing, you can apply for a partner visa to gain permanent residence. The partner visa application for Australia should include legal documents to support marriage, a police clearance certificate and a medical examination certificate.

You can also apply for a Partner Visa from outside Australia, but you need to prove that you have an Australian Citizenship or you are a Permanent Resident of Australia. New Zealand citizens can also apply for a Partner Visa to Australia. For more enquiries or a detailed consultation regarding a Partner Visa application in Australia, please contact Flyworld Migration’s expert advisors and legal experts.

When an applicant lodges an Australian Partner Visa application while they are onshore, they will automatically acquire a Bridging visa associated with it. While on the Bridging visa, you may have limitations on Work or to undertake an educational course depending on your current status. The Australian visa you held while applying for the Partner Visa onshore would determine whether you have work or study rights. If you are lucky to have had those entitlements, then when your previous visa expires, the same conditions would continue on the Bridging visa associated with your partner visa 820. During your wait for a Permanent partner visa (subclass 100 or 801) you would not be able to receive fee assistance such as HECS, Newstart or other government subsidies.

Flyworld Migration Visas Gallery

Applicant Document Partner Visa Australia Checklist

The following documents are required to initiate your application for a partner visa in Australia. The below documents required for a partner visa for Australia can prove your identity. One of the below documents would suffice:

  • A birth certificate showing the names of both parents
  • Identification pages of a family book showing the names of both parents
  • Identification pages of an identification document issued by the government
  • Identification pages of a court-issued document that proves your identity
  • Identification pages of a family census register

Your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates.
Two recent passport photographs (45 mm x 35 mm):

  • The photograph should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background
  • The applicant’s name must be printed on the back of the photograph

A national identity card may also be required if you have one, and a proof of change of name where applicable.

These are just the initial documents required to prove your identity at the time of application. More information is required to prove your relationship with your partner, and the legal status of your relationship. Supporting documents and proof of relationship needs to be submitted along with your application.

To learn how best to proceed with your Australian Partner Visa application, get in touch with our partner visa migration agent through email or talk to one of our partner visa immigration lawyers. We keep abreast of all new immigration rules for a partner visa as well as providing more general spouse visa advice. We would be delighted to walk you through all your partner visa requirements and guide you on how to prove a de facto relationship in Australia to achieve a successful outcome.

Processing Times

The processing takes some time, though it can vary from individual to individual according to their application and requirements. Applicants should refrain from doing anything like resigning from their job or selling a property during the visa processing. Partner Visa applications are issued on the basis of the genuinity of the relationship. At the council, officials do background verifications on how long and committed the relationship with the sponsor has been. Flyworld Migration’s Australian partner visa agents are well trained and experienced to guide you through the entire process and inform you of all relevant partner visa requirements in Australia.

Speak to Our Visa Experts Today

If you need help from a partner visa agent in Melbourne to attain Australian citizenship by marriage or a suitable immigration partnership visa, book a free consultation today with Flyworld Migration. Call us on 0400 581 451 or submit an online enquiry. We will assign a partner visa lawyer to help you with your de facto spouse visa or spouse visa application in Australia. Up-to-date with all the latest partner visa changes, we can guide you through all the possible partner visa options.

trustpilot logo

Extremely happy with the service provided by Flyworld Immigration team. A big thank you for all your effort and dedication to my visa application. Everything happens only because of your team work. I got my visa granted within short period of time.

Jereena J C

I got visa for my parents granted in a matter of few weeks. I sincerely thank Blessy Jose from Flyworld team for all her effort. She is very sincere and committed to her work and also always reachable on phone. She has also been very prompt in her response.


I got my 491 visa granted today with all true guidance and help by the Flyworld team. It was an amazing experience with the Flyworld team. 


Words can’t describe how amazing my experience with Flyworld Immigration has been, and the person to thank for all that is Joe who is a lawyer at this firm.


A very good team, who were approachable and friendly. Timely communication was the key feature to their Service. My experience of getting an Australian tourist Visa was commendable.


The team Flyworld Immigration assisted me really well to get my SC485 visa. Special thanks to Seethal and Jose George for helping me through out the process.


Fastest Visa Application
Process and prompt response

Did you know that your visa outcome depends on the quality of application made to the Department of Home Affairs? A proper decision-ready application will always bring you a faster decision from the DHA. At Flyworld Migration, our registered migration agents in Melbourne will provide you with tailor made instructions and a checklist of documents, and an application for a visa will be made with a legal submission. This process will assist case officers to cross check your application with relevant legislative provisions and finalise the application.


Book an Appointment

If you need professional assistance from the best immigration lawyers in Melbourne, book a free consultation today with Flyworld Migration. Call us on 03 8783 8138 or submit an online enquiry. We will assign a solicitor to help you apply for a suitable visa so you can live out your dream of studying or working in Australia.

How we can help you

Subclass 188

Business Investment &
Innovation (Provisional) Visa

Subclass 188 is a provisional visa for people with business skills that allows you to operate a new or existing business in Australia.

Subclass 132

Business Talent
(Permanent) Visa

Sublcass 132 visa is for experienced business owners, to operate a new or existing business in Australia.

Subclass 888

Business Investment &
Innovation (Permanent) Visa

Subclass 888 Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).